- 765g bread flour
- 2½-3 cups ice cold water
- 2¼ tsp salt
- 1¾ tsp yeast
It rose more than expected in the fridge overnight and then didn't really rise after I let it warm up. Then again it was in the fridge longer than last time. Still I think it was too thin and that's probably why it rose more.
I can't decide if while cutting it in to baguettes it was too thin. I thought so at first but then remembered it was hard to work with last time, too.
Last time I didn't use enough water in the oven for steam. This time I'm sure I overdid it as water was leaking out to the floor for minutes afterward. (Well, it went into the under-oven drawer and then dripped out of there for several minutes.)
I'm not sure how it will turn out, but damn it smells good while baking! (It was delicious with a crisp chewy crust, although it was pretty dense. I froze much of it and occasionally broke one in half, sprinkled some water on it and put it in the toaster oven at 350° for a few minutes…very good.)
Oh yeah, I didn't find a baking stone at Wal-Mart yesterday and didn't bother driving to a real cookware store, so I'm just baking them on a sheet for today.