Three finished baguettes

I'm trying this recipe for poolish baguettes today, although I'm being impatient and cutting the back-end rises short. We'll see what happens.
When mixing the poolish with the new ingredients at first I thought the dough was too dry, then after a few minutes it seemed too wet. Funny how that goes. I machine-kneaded it for 10 minutes, then let it rise for a couple of hours, hand-kneading it a time or two at the one-hour mark. I divided the dough in 3, shaped into rounds, let sit 10 minutes then shaped them into baguettes and let them proof an hour.
I could tell they had bigger air pockets than I usually see, but they seemed a bit flat going into the oven. I didn't peek for about 20 minutes, and when I did I got excited. They looked fantastic. When I took them out to cool they felt light for their size. I couldn't wait to taste them, but they had to cool, and I was going to my sister's house. I finally tasted one over there, but it didn't really taste good. Oops, I forgot to add the salt! I was so distracted with having poolish and how dry the dough seemed after mixing that I just forgot to add the salt. Doggoneit, otherwise it appeared fabulous.
Crumb of broken baguette